Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 13: I love to journal ...


I have always loved words.  I remember liking the shapes of 
letters even before I learned to read.Once I could write, it 
seemed such a gift.  To write your thoughts seemed magical.  
As a young girl, I had a diary, with a lock!  
Writing letters to relatives was a frequent activity.  
My point being,  I love the act of recording.  My journals 
were visually static, more penmanship that artistic.




At the turn of the century (wow) I was fortunate to meet an amazing woman, who became one of my life heroes.  
If you haven't heard of artist, journalist Janice Lowry
please check out her site.

The Smithsonian sought out her journals for their collection!

She taught me that I could be free to create whatever 

wanted in my journal.  What a concept! It was as if all the 

animals escaped the cages and I was off.  

This is today's page ...



Today it has a snippet about the Olympic Games, a little watercolor and not much writing.Tomorrow will be different. 
 I have attached a few sample pages.

   

Some days are less writing than others ... some more detailed.



I am currently nearing the end of journal 49 ...



There are so many, many ways to journal,  mine is mine. ;o)




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know the grandkids have dibs on your journals, but you think you could set one aside for me? Pretty please?

jacki long said...

Of course, next time you are over, we'll look through and see which one you want? You are so special and the guys won't miss one. ;o) Thanks for the comment, it makes my day!

Unknown said...

That is so cool!! I told my dad you wrote 49 journals and he was flabbergasted! How long does it take to write an entry??

jacki long said...


Thanks Kelly! Tell you Dad "hi" for me. He is a big part of why you are so special.

About the entries and how long they take? I basically do a page a day, but sometimes more. One day I woke up after a dream and wrote feverishly trying to get it down before it vanished. Some days are more art than writing, most have both. When you look through you can sort of tell how that day was going? ;o)