Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 17: Green sludge and an earthquake ...

Day 17:  Green sludge and an earthquake ...


Last night I was on my couch, sorting through some files as I watched the Olympics. You know as much as I looked forward to, and have enjoyed watching the Olympics, they have taken a big chunk out of my time. Just saying.  Anyway, at 11:40 PM I felt a rumbling. I hesitated for just a nano-second to see if it was going to increase in intensity, then continued on. We are a strange breed in this state of "shake, rattle and roll."



This morning I am drinking my green sludge. In my attempt to eat healthier and possibly shed some adipose tissue, I am preparing energy blitzes. Today's was kale, spinach, cucumber, strawberries, and a dollop of low fat peanut butter. It is supposed to be cashews, but @ $7. a pound, I balked.  So,  this mixture is whirled into this army-green colored sludge. It looked like it came from my car engine, but it tastes okay. Think thick olive green V-8.  I just took a picture for you, but it looks worse than it is.



Another earthquake shook us as I sit at the computer. Again, I assess the intensity and continue. But now, it creeps in and out of my consciousness. Life in California. ;o)
  

FYI:


The US Geological Survey says the 9:33 a.m. (16:33 GMT) Wednesday quake had a preliminary magnitude of 4.1 and was centered near the Orange County city of Yorba Linda. The quake was initially measured at magnitude-4.5.  A magnitude 4.4 quake centered in the same area struck late Tuesday night. No damage was reported. Yorba Linda is about 35 miles (56 kilometers) southeast of downtown Los Angeles.



6 comments:

Courtney said...

Keep up the green smoothie! It will change your life. There are TONS of recipes online. There's even several great groups on Instagram that show daily pics of GS!

jacki long said...

Thanks Courtney,
I do intend to. I am a newbie trying out new combinations daily. ;o)

Marilyn said...

Yum!!! LOL

jacki long said...

I haven't had my sludge yet this morning and I am "draggin"! ;o) Am off to the kitchen ...

Unknown said...

I've tried eating healthier.. i don't think I could have tried that green sludge.. maybe try a more reddish, fruity color??

jacki long said...

It's the kale that really increases the energy, and you can add raspberries, strawberries etc. It's a lot more work, but I do feel the difference when I do it and don't.

Thanks again Kelly for your comments, I so appreciate you taking the time.