Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 18 : How do the big guys do it?

Day 18 :  How do the big guys do it?


As I start today's blog,  I wonder ... how do "they" do it?  
They are the writers of blogs that I check in to read.  They obviously make it seem easier than it is for me.  This blog is turning out to be "monkey-brained" like me.  

I had a comment about my collages,  so I thought I might show 
a few earlier attempts.  Janice Lowry and I took a class where 
we were assigned to do a self portrait using found materials. 
I did this one,  and maybe because Janice liked it,  it has become my logo,  avatar or whatever.  At that time, I said it was me at 
age 75.  Now it looks more like me everyday.




I love to re-use and up-cycle.  I think my mother's view of never wasting anything stuck with me.   And so, to  re-use magazines 
and other miscellaneous papers is fun for me.  One of my early canvases was meant to be an Asian lady with a bob haircut, but "Dawn" emerged with dreads and winked at me! She has been a personal favorite ever since.




For several yearsI have been asked to do artist demonstrations 
at the Orange County Fair,  Fine Arts building. 
One year I started a large canvas,  titled "Survivor",
for all the ladies surviving breast cancer.




As before,  I am literally begging for comments.  
Please, let me know if you want more?

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Yes, absolutely, these are terrific and definitely deserve to be displayed on your blog. Can't decide my favorite. They are each so unique!
P.S. your blog banner is perfect.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much Marilyn. YOU have made the difference from start to now, and I so appreciate your generous help, priceless!

Unknown said...

I love your mash- ups, mix ups!! They are seriously too cool. Please post up more of your pics :)

jacki long said...

Bless your heart Kelly Harada, you are such a dear!

I will post more collages. I have posted some oldies but goodie collages on my Instagram (jlonginc).

Pretty soon I hope to figure out how to put a link to my Instagram and my Pinterest? (http://pinterest.com/jlonginc/)