Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 37: Happy Birthday Dad!


My Dad would be 103 today!  So, a little bit about his family.




This is my Dad's Grandpa, his Mother's Dad,  John Mills.
I think Grandma said he trained and drove "silkies"? 
But I am not sure.



This is from 1884! Can you imagine? 
It was to honor Great Grandpa John Mills in his passing.
I just thought it was so cool, so here it is.



Meet Leila Mills, John's daughter and Dad's Mother.
4'9" tall, size 4 shoe and a heart as big as the sky.



Leila Mills was 16 when she married William Turner,
my Dad's Dad. They had four children, two lived.




Dad was older brother to Max.




They served in the Navy and Army.





Happy Birthday Dad!  He liked cake.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I'm so envious that you have so many pics of your family. I have very few of mine. You did a great job on these ....I love the birthday cake gif.
Leila sure looks taller than 4'9". She's tiny. I like the sepia tending toward copper here. Very nice.

jacki long said...


Thank you Marilyn, that makes me feel better.
I didn't plan on doing a whole history but it seems to be going that way for a while. Hope you'll check in when you have time and give me your thoughts like today, it really helps.