Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 51: Cats at Gypsy Den!



Today, after day class, I met a friend for a late lunch.
Brandy was in my "Rip Roaring Collage"classes 
in the past and we've been friends ever since. 

jacki long

"Early attic decor and full of arty habitues"
— Zagat's
We met at the Gypsy Den,  in Santa Ana's Artist District.
I fully intended to take a picture of my 
three cheese/avocado grilled sandwich for you, 
but I ate it! ;op




Brandy, an artist and cat lover, brought her latest work.





             A delightful circular folding book of cat collages.



























   Really gems of expression and personality ...




Just paper and an artist's eye ...




Isn't Brandy Emerson amazing?





3 comments:

Karen&Jack said...

I do so much like the cat collages,as you said,so much expression!

Marilyn said...

Yes, she is amazing! I like her circular folding book. Great pic of the Gypsy Den..

jacki long said...

Thanks Karen and Marilyn,

So glad you both liked Brandy's work. I thought it made for a nice selection.

The Gypsy Den was a digital piece I did a few years back. It always looked like a menu to me? ;o)