Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 188: I got mail!



Do you like getting real mail? I do.
I am always surprised and thrilled to get a human mail.
Today, like most days, I wasn't sure what to blog.
But then, by mail,  I got this ...



Imagine opening an envelope to this ...



A work of art!





From Emi.

A handmade 
thank you
of such 
beauty
and grace, 
I had 
to take
photos
to share.
I knew
I would
not be 
able
to
re-do
it.






As I 
opened it,
I realized 
there was
a kimono 
figure 
and 
a fan
within the 
exquisite 
folds and
layers.


















On one side of the fan
was Arigato and Thank You
in different languages.




Mizuhiki cord and back view of kimono.



Folded inside, a handwritten message.
I am blessed with such kind friends.
I need to get busy and write a thank you ...
for the thank you!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG... what a beautiful thank you!!!

jacki long said...

I know, right? I just enjoyed it so much I had to share. Thank you so much for commenting, I LOVE to get comments. ;oD

Eric & Emi Takushi said...

We appreciate your kind words, however what really appreciate is your friendship!

Domo Arigatou Jacki-San

Eric & Emi

jacki long said...

Awwwwwww, now you can see how lucky I am. Thank you Emi and Eric for commenting, another gift. I do love you two!