Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 199: Art and Animal Art!



I stopped by Huntington Beach Library Friday.



To see two terrific art shows.
I'll post one today and the second tomorrow.
First ...





Members of HBAL were invited to show their pets ...




"Sadie" by Betty Viers


I only photographed 9, but please, go see more ...
"Raccoons" by Carol Taylor

of all species ...
"Spencer" by Dominique McKenzie


in all colors ...
"Cookie" by Anita Berlacher

and mediums ...
by Francesca Brayton

mixed media ...
"Oscar" by Betty Viers
watercolor ...



"It's all in the eyes" by Jackie Dvorman

photography.
by Carrol Wolf



So much talent and love.





8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Such talent!!! These are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Art, animals and color... my favorite things

The Painted Garden said...

Hi Jacki,

The animal art is stunning - each one has a personality. I can't believe I have not visited this library - what a treasure.
Thank you for sharing.
Erin

jacki long said...

Thank You Marilyn, it is a lovely show and more to see there. I could and maybe should have taken more? Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! ;o)

jacki long said...

Thanks for commenting Erin. Yes, you should visit the HB Library, as there were too many to include, but a lot of good work.
Also, check back tomorrow, I will be posting Eileen McCullough's watercolors which on a show running concurrently. She is an amazing talent.
Thanks so much for commenting.

jacki long said...

Thanks anonymous, I really do appreciate you taking time to comment. ♥

Dan Kee said...

Great set; captures our show! I'll post a link on HBAL's FB page!

jacki long said...

Thanks Dan, feel free to use anything from the blog for the FB page.
And, thanks for commenting, I do appreciate it.
I tried to get a shot of your entry, I liked it a lot. My problem is there is a lot of glare in HBL and so some didn't work out. Thanks again.