Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 205: Ever been to a cat house?



I have. 
In Santa Ana's ...

on a quiet lane, set back off the street ...


is this beautiful little doll house ...


Cat #1 watched me approach.

or "cat" house.



Exquisitely built in 1929 ...



everything is colorful ... 



hand-painted walls, tile floors ...



carefully thought out to fit the dimensions.



But why did I say "cat" house?



Because ... cats abound.


* note the open original french windows 
                      Never over-done, but present, everywhere.


* note the open original french windows 
And in the colorful office ...



cats collected from extensive travels ...







little treasures ... everywhere.



























More cats and more color.




The kitchen is in red, black and white.




And outside ...




Cat #2 says goodbye to the annoying photographer.




As I leave the secret "cat" house of Floral Park.



A side note: I took 128 photos of this precious home.
As some of you know, I am working on moderation.
I used only 21 for this post. I hope I chose well.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like the owners of that charming cat house are defined by all that is cat. Bob Walker would be quite envious, you should bring it to his attention.

jacki long said...

Thank you for commenting, Anonymous! I love to get comments! And, I would be glad to bring it to Bob Walker's attention, but do I know Bob Walker?

Karen&Jack said...

love the cat house!

Karen&Jack said...

love the cat house!

jacki long said...

Thanks Karen both for commenting and for liking the cat house. I think it's really special. Also, I saw on your FB that you have cats! Very cute! Hope you have had a great birthday! Thanks again.

Bob Walker said...

This is Bob Walker, from the Cats' House in San Diego: the Floral Park's cat house and photos are a delight! Definitely, for cats everywhere, the more cat houses ... the better.

jacki long said...

Wow! Thanks Bob Walker! I am thrilled that you took the time to visit and especially to comment! You have made my day! Wow! Thanks!

Julie Eaves said...

What a delightful home...and then there's cats, lots of cats. Such fun.

Marilyn said...

Pretty cool. Is this the lady that commissioned you to do a collage of a cat?

jacki long said...

Thanks for commenting Julie! I was hoping the photos would show how special this little house is. They only have two live cats, but I couldn't count how many "cats" in the house! I guess I wanted to show that a cat house could be great. I always pictures a house full of live cats everywhere (like hoarders>) and not this colorful gem.
Thanks again for commenting.

jacki long said...

Thanks for commenting Marilyn! Yes, this is Brandy's house. She was in a couple of my classes and commissioned three "cat" collage/canvases, a few years ago.