Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 221: Sometimes it works and sometimes ...



About a year ago I did this 24 x 24" mixed media canvas.
It won 1st prize in Mixed Media, H.B.A.L. show.



It was from a sketch in my journal at the time.



But, neither one look like my work, so ...



I gessoed the canvas and recently started a collage.



I took photographs of Old Town Tustin ...



with the idea of tearing and collaging on the canvas.



And so I started ...



honestly thinking I was doing okay.



But, at 80% done and I realized it's not working.
I haven't gessoed it yet, but I do doubt my ability to save it.
I thought this might at least make an interesting blog?
Sometimes it works and sometimes ...





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why you think it isn't working, it's stunning. How is gesso going to improve it?

jacki long said...

Thanks for commenting Anonymous!
I only gessoed to make a new start. I haven't gessoed this one yet. I may try to save it, but "sometimes it works and sometimes ..." ;op

Cheryl said...

I LOVE that picture of the girl! Makes me sad that it's gone...

jacki long said...

Thanks for commenting Cheryl! I am sorry, and I am glad that you liked it. I have had a few people say they had liked it and one had wanted to buy it? ;op