Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day 380: Ever had duck tacos?



I have.
At Cobblestone Grill in Zionsville, Indiana.
Details to follow. 

You've got to admit, this blog is nothing if not random!
A fellow-artist once told me ... 
"I like your art posts, but I don't like the personal stuff"
so this may be another post to skip?



But, on the way to duck tacos...




we stopped by the home-place. Birthplace to many.
My mother, the youngest of ten was born here.




Though not still in the family, it holds many memories. 





Then it was on to Zionsville. 

Zionsville is a charming town, known for
small specialty shops, cobblestone streets and fine dining.




Okay, now we're getting to it!
Cobblestone Grill is the go-to lunch spot.



None of us had heard of duck tacos.
Two played it safe with their favorite walnut chicken salad.

All white meat chicken, celery, grapes, walnuts and scallions 
served over greens with a fresh-baked muffin

Two of us were brave and rewarded with duck tacos!

Maple Leaf Farms duck breast, onion, goat cheese, avocado, 
cilantro and blackberry corn salsa on two flour tortillas

One of the "safe" has since been back for duck tacos!




The past 14 days of this little blog have been about family ... 
and my 7 day trip to be with them.
And now it was time to come home.



While at 3,400 feet I played with ...
my i-pad, Instagram and Sketch Club.




Yes, these are the earlier posted Indiana sunflowers ...




A girl's gotta play, even at 3,400 feet!


Today is the final installment, 
a final round-up ...
 before I get back to work.


No comments: