Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 537: Brownie points for me!



I walked today!
WonderWoman is always urging me to walk, a lot!
I know she is right,  she is after all, WonderWoman!




Today she posted this photo of 
my youngest grand-dog Chloe, titled "Monday"!
And since it looked uncomfortably like
what I see in the mirror each morning ...
I decided to walk.  At noon.
The pros go in the morning or evening.
But at noon, I have it to myself.
And, in between the few passing cars ...
I can walk, jog or bounce to my music.
I realize it's not a pretty sight so ...
I am really good at confining it to in-between.




Speaking of music, I thought I would list today's playlist ...
which will only interest a few of you with superb taste.


Just to see her ... Smokey Robinson
You are the sunshine of my life ... Stevie Wonder
Midnight at the Oasis ... Maria Muldaur
Come and get your love ... Redbone
Scandalous ... Prince
Love will find a way ... Lionel Richie
Oh happy day ... Edwin Hawkins Singers
I get joy ... Al Green
Minute by Minute ... Doobie Brothers
Sweet thing ... Chaka Khan
Saturday ... Earth,Wind & Fire
I got the feeling ... James Brown

Mary don't you weep  ... Aretha Franklin





When I do this one mile uphill walk, 
(the opposite direction from Grandma's Park)
the reward is Pioneer Road Park.




A lovely small park at the top of the hill.




78 degrees and not a cloud in the glorious blue sky.




The first swing in the row is mine.






A 3 year old enjoyed an adjacent perch.




I decided to ...


FACT: like on tv,  ground shadows make you look at least 50# heavier

give you a 360' tour ...




from my swing ...




And on the one mile home, it's downhill.




At the top you can sometimes see a sliver of the Pacific.





Brownie points & a healthier me = win/win! 




  A digital collage from photos on the walk ...








A smile for Tuesday ...




No comments: