Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 545: Almost back ...


among the living!
I can still do a lot!
Thant's not the problem.
It's the time afterwards.
I definitely seem to have a slower recovery time.
The subject... a five day art retreat in beautiful Paso Robles.


pastel by Julie Dunn

My first.
I could have shared a ride with two other great ladies.
But, I chose to drive alone so I could ...
stop when I wanted, 
listen to what I wanted, 
and other selfish habits that I have carefully cultivated.
I got a late start, paid for it on the dreaded "5" freeway.




I think I set a new record ... 13 minutes to go 1 mile!
Yes that's a zero mph on the dash.
Five and a half hours later I arrived in a very dark Paso Robles.




And, the sunrise from my bedroom window the next morning ...




But it's time to meet our hostess ...




Jeri is a force of nature, a dynamo, 
with more personality and generosity ...
than anyone I have ever met.
Jeri and her husband Jerry live in a big house 
on top of a hill overlooking Paso Robles.



my bedroom
side
 













Hidden away in the white structure is a commercial grade 
art studio with every conceivable book, tool & supply.




I took over 200 photos during my 5 days ...


taken on my walk

so a few for now, and more each day.


i-pad collage



A smile for Wednesday ...



No comments: