Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 684: Eastside Prep!



digital collage, using discards from below preparation


Sounds like a fancy east coast prep school?
Maybe, but in my case ...
it means I am getting ready for Eastside tomorrow.






Eastside meets each month to do art.
And this month we have prep work.
Directions, a supply list and a month to get ready.
So tonight, the night before, I get busy.






I ran to the hardware store for joint compound.






I rounded up some tools for texture.
If it sounds like I know what I'm doing ...
I don't. But I am working towards it,
and I'll learn tomorrow.






I had planned to buy cradleboard,
but found some redwood siding in the garage.






Directed to cover all or part of the wood surface ... 






with compound,  and I added textures ...






kinda like icing a cake, as I remember?







Oh, and I found this cool wooden box!







And then, as I cleaned up I found this on the newspaper.





My reward. 
You gotta love serendipity!
Tune in tomorrow for the results?







A smile for Tuesday ...






No comments: