Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day 685: Wood, plaster & wax ... Oh My!














If you caught yesterday's post ...
you know that today was Eastside!
A group of artists who get together monthly.




by Libby



by Libby


by Libby






Today we worked on our prepared plaster substrates.






We painted, waxed, incised, resurfaced & polished.







To view the starting substrates, go to here.






Busy working, I didn't photograph all members work,






 so am left with mine, which were not the most successful.







Another fun day with Eastside.






TMI alert ... 
(given when personal stuff is about to be revealed)
On the way to Costa Mesa today, my car said ..
"Good Luck, you're running on vapors!"
Okay, not really, but that's what the warning meant.
Sparing you the details I arrived without my purse.


Libby

Dear Libby pressed some bills into my hand 
and insisted I take them, just in case.
So, rather than compound my mishaps, 
I stopped for gas, using Libby's cash.
While pumping gas, I heard their speaker mention ...
 they sold lottery tickets inside.




I have never bought a lottery ticket in my life.
But I promise you, I heard a voice say ...
"buy Libby a lottery ticket"!
So I took my four quarters and went in to the cashier.
I asked for one lottery ticket.
She said "what kind?"
I said, "I don't know, what do you suggest?"
She said, "I'd go for the big one."
I said, "It's not for me, it's a gift."
She said "$55 million would be a nice gift!"
So, on my return, I repaid Libby, plus a lottery ticket.
It just felt right.
I'm not sure when they pick the winner ...
 but I'll write about it if she wins!




A smile for Wednesday ...







No comments: