Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Day 698: Angels and a journal!



BookAngel, digital collage


What? 
This is the fourth month that...
I have worked on a traveling round-robin journal.
You can see earlier journal work here, here & here.



Michele's handmade, hand-covered 6-1/2" x 8" journal



This month I have Michele Unger's journal.



blank heavy 140# cold press watercolor paper


The dreaded blank spread.
Where to start?





I had just finished the "WildChild" job ...
and had these wonderful papers left over.
So I started with the front and back.






Still not sure of my plans, but I have always admired ...
how both John and Terry alter their center insert.






So I rounded all four corners ...
and added the same shape to both front & back covers.






At this point I saw the three ovals as faces ...






and added paper for hair, that would work for all three.



First/opening spread ... aka angel #1


Then I decided they would be angels ...



Middle spread ... aka angel #2


Maybe you've heard of "Charlie's Angel's"?



Final/last spread ...aka angel #3


Well, meet Michele's Angels!






A smile for Tuesday ...





No comments: