Friday, November 7, 2014

Day 834: Books tell a story ...




Cathy, junk mail & magazine collage




If you have never been to Mission Viejo, it is worth a trip.
What a beautiful, well-planned city.





Glorious trees, magnificently landscaped rolling hills ...
where they obviously care about their community.
I think you can tell a lot about a city by it's library.





This morning was a meeting there with my boss, Dru,
head of the CAEA convention this month.




I got to pick orphaned library books to be used ...
in my upcoming journaling class,  Mixed Media Journals.






It makes me sad to see books that have been read, 
maybe cherished,
some with personalized book plates inside, 
some with highlighted phrases, 
some with pencil or crayon scribbles ...
all on a "free" cart, hoping to get a home.





I rescued about 30 that will be repurposed,
altered, added to, made new ...








A smile for Friday ...





No comments: