Saturday, November 29, 2014

Day 856: Black Friday and a token!



Poppy, photos and digital collage



Up at 5:15 AM to be ready for my ...
Black Friday adventure.






As mentioned here, WonderWoman ...




planned a big day for us today.
It should be mentioned that Superman and




the three teenage super-hunks always spend a manly day ...
at the LA Auto Show every year, it's a tradition.
So WW picked me up at 7AM and flew us to Fashion Island.
Just as WW had promised, easy parking, no crowds, no drama.






We sailed through the elegant stores finding bargains.
An early lunch at R&D ...





then more walking, shopping and bargains.




A preface: as a child when we would travel,
or visit Disneyland or a special place ... 
the young WW would ask if she might  have a token?




We never knew where she got the term, but ...
it was so precious, the answer tended to be yes.
Today,  WW asked me if I would pick out a "token".





So I thought I would share my token!
A beautiful cotton scarf with tassels. 
This picture doesn't do it justice, but ...
it's going to be dynamite with jeans!


By 1 PM we were on PCH on the way to the beach house.
So I did my Pacific Check for you ...
 as I do whenever I am near.  It is still there.


Newport Pier,  looking south


Catalina Island 


Long Beach, Malibu,  looking north

At 2 PM WW had scheduled a manicure & pedicure
for us, which included my first deep shoulder massage.
Wow! What a great day. Thank you WW!






A smile for Saturday ...





No comments: