Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 893: I have always depended on the kindness of ...



"Blanche",  journal entry




Yes, I know Blanche DuBois's quote, 
"... I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."
But in my case,
I have always depended on the kindness of my students.
I was reminded of that today.



5:30 AM Pre-Kangieko, looking toward the moon and HB Pier


In the cold of today's Kangieko, and in particular ...



5:30 AM keeping warm as long as possible, blurriness due to cold photographer


in the ocean as fifteen of us met after the formal training,
to do 15 kata in the water with waves and a rip tide.
Luckily for me, unasked, one of my students has always
placed themselves as my guardian. Just in case.




Photography by Monica Lopez

Thank you Jordan!
Being the eldest of all the crazies participating,
I am flattered by their protectiveness.
I did fall three times, but was quickly righted.
I so appreciate being able to be a part of this group.
It will go in my gratitude jar today.
;o)
Side note:
Up at 4:40 AM: dress & leave for the beach, 39 degrees.
Drove to Huntington Beach Pier 5:30 AM, 43 degrees .
Met with 100 Karate-ka and Demura Sensei ...






to run, exercise & train in the first work-out of 2015.
Breakfast at IHOP intaking my monthly calorie allotment. 
Home, 53 degrees,  hot shower.
3 loads of sandy wet laundry.
Back to bed.
Surfacing only to do this blog entry.




Back to Work/Advertisement


sign up information, here
  




A smile for Monday ...





No comments: