Monday, June 22, 2015

Day 1061: How about a Monday step by step?





"E-O", dictionary & junk mail collage postcard










Sometimes I try to work with unusual color combinations.
Of course I have my favorites, but I need to expand.
Today I pulled a few random scraps ...






starting with a 4 x 6" cardboard, a postcard size substrate.






Adding dictionary paper on left & junk mail ad on the right.






Tearing the third shape from junk mail and adding to left side.






Tearing & adding a similar fourth shape from Japanese tissue.






Finally, the fifth piece, a strip of wrapping paper, and done.
I never know how many pieces it will take. Today it was five.


...


I had a smart student, now a successful businessman, 
who as a child said ...it's not rocket surgery
Jared knowingly combined the "rocket science" and 
"brain surgery" for comic effect. 
I liked it and have used it ever since.


...


Why did I bring that up? Because ...
the above isn't a masterpiece, my colors scheme or my best, 
but it is another step. More practice.
And, as I tell my students ...
please don't throw away or cover up your messes,
they make the good stuff look better!
And after all, ...it's not rocket surgery!




Happy Monday, it's possible.









A smile for Monday ...








No comments: