Sunday, July 12, 2015

Day 1081: Pasadena and Corita, oh my!





I ♥ Corita, collages & photo digitized














A day trip to Pasadena is a treat, anytime.    
A day with artist/friend Valerie, is a treat anywhere, anytime.
And then if you add viewing (my hero) Corita's art work ...
win -win - win!!!







Five freeways and about an hour later, we're in Pasadena!



And, the wonderful Pasadena Museum of California Art







The most comprehensive show I have seen ...





runs through November 1, 2015.






Showcasing her work  ...





from the early days at Immaculate Heart College.








Usually I don't take enough pictures ...







 that was not the case this day.







 I first fell in love with Sister Corita's work in the 60's






I was back in the Midwest, an art major in college ...






and she was in LA, changing the art world ... 




with her bold, meaningful silkscreen posters. 





















There are places to sit, a film to watch, and ...




just when you thin it can't get much better ...
they have a playroom where you can draw, collage and create ...
all under the tutelage of a Sister Corita video.
Valerie and & made 3 small squares each 
and tacked to the bulletin boards to prove we were there. 
What fun!




Of course, you have to keep up your strength ...
so we stopped at Blaze Pizza for sustenance
and my July calorie allotment.
And, yes it was worth it! 

...

Wising you a wonderful weekend ...
in your "neck of the woods!"







A smile for Sunday ...







No comments: