Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Day 1237: An unrequested Christmas tour ...





'tis the season, photo & junk mail collage












I know no one asked for it, but ...
surely someone out there would like 
a quick tour of my minimal Christmas decorations?
It is the season after-all.
I need to preface that during the 
young WonderWoman years & 32 years of married life,
the holiday decor was in full tilt.
Big tree, lights, too many ornaments ... excess.
Later, I handed down all the good stuff to WW & family.
Now it's ...








my 12" tree ...
(you may not know it, but this really is me!)








my 4" Japanese Santa 
from high school best friend Karen, 50+ years ago,









my front door, bells & all, with a ...







Christmas cactus in full bloom at the front door.







My Grandmothers 4" high nativity, 100+ years old.











My 1" high wooden Christmas train 
a gift from Colin,  30 years ago.








 

An antique steel car ornament by artist Sherry Goodloe, 2014.










A 28" primitive painted canvas angel ...
that watches out over my studio year-round.









And I am just beginning to do cards & wrap gifts.







TMI?

The kicker is ...
I love my smaller take on the season.
What do you think?







Merry Christmas!










61 degrees, Santa Ana, CA
















A smile for Tuesday ...





No comments: