Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Day 1391: Brave in the attempt ...






Close-up#1, gesso & collage on canvas














I had this idea ...


journal page sketch

So I started ...





with a rough idea ...



a sort of wacked-out Ann & Andy.






I really like the above close up.





Using gesso, junk mail & papers ...




layers and layers on a 36 x 48 canvas...
 




and shoes!



Andy's shoes are from a "CrispyCreme" donut bag!



I love doing shoes! Fun!!






Back to work ...






Never too many patterns? That's the title!






It just kept changing.





Above is what it looked like when I took it to...
 a demonstration & added marker to her hair. Oops!




 I tried to recover ...




I think faces are tough ...






so, possibly overworked, I stopped.


final

 
Sometimes things don't work.
Usually I think I can fix it.
Sometimes I can't.




I did get what I think are some cool close-ups.






I promised to post a step by step, and I have.
And even though it didn't quite work ...
I feel it was brave in the attempt.






People in my classes often hear me say ...
I like art where you can tell the artist had fun.
I struggled a bit, but I did have fun.









72 degrees, Santa Ana, CA













A smile for Tuesday ...




No comments: