Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Day 1398: Doesn't look like anything would pass code?






"old days", collage, photo & digital












I am actually ahead of schedule, for a change!
Another round-robin journal spread, 
on 8-1/2 x 11" heavy watercolor paper to 
finish and mail on by the end of the month. 
And so, to share, another step-by-step.




step1


I started with acrylics spread on a celadon base.



step 2


Uncertain, I started adding black gesso in an irregular grid.



step 3


I started to see buildings so just went with it.


step 4


I wanted to add collage, here and there.
I thought it was done, but ...
when I looked at it on screen ... not quite.




step 5



The addition is subtle, but I think necessary.
Doesn't look like anything would pass code?
But, I like the colors.









74 degrees, Santa Ana, CA










A smile for Tuesday ...
 



No comments: