Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Day 1427: When you're supposed to do something, but ...





"journal #87" cover collage

















Today, I set aside the entire day to prepare for tomorrow's
Eastside presentation. It is my turn to present & share.
We will be working on a variety of faces.
So, I came in ready to get supplies ready etc...
and then I got sidetracked!








Do you ever do that?
It's almost as if I sabotage myself!
I saw this strapping tape & a nearby magazine ...







and I was gone!
A collage using strapping tape as my medium.
 So my current journal #87, which looked like this ...



8.5 x 11" 220 page journal


now looks like this!



8.5 x 11" 220 page journal cover, after



And, I love it.
An hour and a half detour of fun!
Have you ever tried this technique?
Artist Valerie Kemp taught me, and ever since ...
if I see strapping tape ... I'm gone!
I still have most of the day to get my work done, unless ...
What do you think?







A smile for Wednesday ...





No comments: