Monday, July 4, 2016

Day 1439: "Lollygagging" around in Laguna!





"Ruth & Dion", photo & digital











The older I get, the more these strange terms pop out!
"Lollygagging" around in Laguna!





On Friday morning, Val & I parked in lot 16 & jumped on a tram!





First stop, the Sawdust Festival ...



us & our cool photographer!

We circled the entire Sawdust Festival ...
I saw this cute couple & asked if I could take their picture?
I don't normally accost people, but they were so cute!




Mr & Mrs. Wright, seemed surprised, but let me take this.
Then I found out that Mr. Dion Wright, booth 250 metal work
and Ruth Wright, booth 251, jewelry & sculpture ...
started the Sawdust Festival back in 1965. 
Win - win, I got this great shot & a history lesson.
Made my day!

Fueled by this, I went on to meet more vendors.




Elenor Henry, booth 254, beautiful handmade natural fiber clothing.
We think she had the best location, with a window to the highway.

        

Antonia Mendoza, booth 231, does hand-weaving & textiles
      in wool, on an handmade loom made special for this show. 



     
Hillel Rzepka, booth 232 works with glass & precious metals,
                    a "heartist", specializing in glass hearts. 


yellow arrow shows my purchase!

   Nikolau Erngren, booth 424, works in mixed media.
I bought one of his whimsical pieces.



       Hugo Rivera, booth 423, was at both Sawdust & Art Affair







               
Nansea Williams, booth 418, handmade mixed media.




Add caption


Robert Holton, booth 304, Pop art










Jeanne Sullenberger, booth 202. gourd and goblet art


















James Lansdell, booth 208, painting.









 Shamus, booth 116, I collect his work.


  

Ultimately we ran out of time ... since one of us 
had a hot date for the Hollywood Bowl that evening.


Val on a special bench, waiting for the shuttle


 Another fun adventure!





A smile for Monday ...
 




No comments: