Friday, July 29, 2016

Day 1464: Meet Lily!






"Lily",  junk mail collage, photo & digital












If you saw yesterday's blog, here,
you know I'm crazy about Aunt Vonda's school photos.






I have & treasure hundreds.
Many have a name on the back.
Today's choice was blank, so I named her Lily.





I love everything about this photo.
I started a collage using phone-book pages ...



step 1


then adding various types of newsprint.



step 2


& scraps where I had cleaned acrylics off a brush.




step 3


The scanner cut off a skice of the left side.



step 4


Lily is printed on mulberry paper ...
thus the partial transparency.



step 5


Then I played a bit with filers.



step 6



Not thrilled with my work, but I learn by experimenting.
I lost a lot of Lily's details in how I initially printed her, 
(the original is so special) so will try to do better on future faces.
Would so love your feedback if you have time?








A smile for Friday ...








No comments: