Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Day 1475: Have you ever heard of PickleBall?





Manila, junk mail collage, photo & digital













Have you ever heard of PickleBall?


I had heard the name and ...
 had somehow thought it was a senior activity?/
I read about a weekend tournament in Huntington Beach.




So Sunday, I went to check it out & I was surprised!




A combination of tennis, badminton & ping pong.




Played with a graphite racquetball-like paddle ...
& a yellow wiffle-type ball.




Played on a badminton size court, indoors or out ...
with a lower, modified net.




A paddle sport created for all ages and skill levels. 




The rules are simple & the game is easy for beginners to learn, 
but can develop into what I saw ...
a quick, fast-paced, 
competitive game for experienced players.





And I found a Pickleball fan ...






... escaping the heat!
Some of us are smarter than others?






84 degrees, Santa Ana, CA












A smile for Tuesday ...


by Chiharu Shiota


No comments: