Thursday, September 8, 2016

Day 1505: NYC on my mind?






"nyc", journal collage, digitized.












As mentioned in earlier posts, 
I am in a Round Robin journal exchange.








I received artist/friend John Arbuckle's 
beautiful handmade journal ...




step 1 empty page



to select and open a 8.5 x 11" spread to work on ...
and mail on to the next artist by September 5th!




step 2



I started with two colors of acrylic & a scrap of junk mail.



step 3



This is my limbo stage. Not sure but playing.




step 4



it was right about here I started to know where I was going?
Inspiration from a great meal, Beatriz, Dave & Jack helped!



step 5



More playing! Did I mention that I love junk mail?



step 6



The polka dot wrapping papers seemed inappropriate for a sky ...
but that made it even more appealing.



step7 (done)



I was really tempted to go in with an ink marker 
and define lines & edges, but I didn't.
I really love the unevenness that still suggest straight lines.


I leave for NYC soon & maybe it's on my mind?









For FB Throwback Thursday ...




Sakagami Sensei signing his Pinan book, Santa Ana, CA. November 1987







a word from our sponsor ...


6672 Westminster Ave, Westminster, CA 92683


Journaling

Thursdays September 8, 21, 28, & October 6, 2016 -- 10 to 1PM
         (*please note: no class Thursday, October 15th)

During this playful class make two small mini journals or one larger journal. Artist Jacki Long will demonstrate different techniques each class including collage, mixed media, adding fold outs, and cutting out inside the journal. Come have fun!

REGISTRATION: $160 for the series -or- $45 per class.

Limited seats are available for these classes, so sign up today!


all sizes & types of journaling ...


If you're near & free, maybe come join us?











A smile for Thursday ...







No comments: