Friday, September 9, 2016

Day 1506: easily distracted by shiny objects ...






"Cathy", 8 x 11", magazine & junk mail collage journal page

















I am. I am hopeless!
Recently on an outing with artist /friend Val ...
we were mid-conversation when I shifted gear as an idea hit.
I heard Val say aloud, "there she goes!"
And so it is today, all alone, I drift.
I am preparing for my journal class series.
Four classes where we explore & play.
I have about 85 of my completed journals in various sizes ...
another 20+ in various states of progress. 
I want the class to see many varieties & directions.






 I haul some to class as possibilities.
So, as I sorted, one was so old that the binding had rotted ...
 I shifted gears & replaced it.


1990's banana leaf journal, restrung 9-07-2016


This was not on my to do list, 
and I'm not very crafty with a needle but
 I was so proud of my work I took a picture!
Also not on my list.




1990's banana leaf journal back, restrung 9-07-2016

Then I got sidetracked looking inside ...


old journal spread, 1998


different than current work, but using junk mail then too.


old journal spread, 1998

 

"easily distracted by shiny objects" 
... it might end up on my tombstone?









a word from our sponsor ...


6672 Westminster Ave, Westminster, CA 92683


Journaling

Thursdays September 8, 21, 28, & October 6, 2016 -- 10 to 1PM
* Please note: no class Thursday, October 15, 2016

During this playful class make two small mini journals or one larger journal. Artist Jacki Long will demonstrate different techniques each class including collage, mixed media, adding fold outs, and cutting out inside the journal. Come have fun!

REGISTRATION: $160 for the series -or- $45 per class.

Limited seats are available for these classes, so sign up today!





If you're near and free, maybe come join us?
(* Please note: no class Thursday, October 15, 2016)









A smile for Friday ...








No comments: