Sunday, September 11, 2016

Day 1508: In search of the "mini-est" of missives!







"Maiko", collage, Japanese calendar print, digital










Journals come in all styles, sizes and intentions.






Today I am in search of the mini-est of missives!
How about an "inchy" journal, sort of ...



cover


inside cover

back cover


11' x 1.5" paper, accordion folded



2" manila envelope



scrap embellishment



The mini-est of journals, useful as a thank you note 
or unusual message for someone special.
And, fun in minutes?
What do you think?








One more, because they are fun to do and ... 
someone said I should explain a bit?


step 1





I start with a 1-1/2" square cardboard ...
but it could be any size, shape.
2 = a top & bottom cover.
I color the backgrounds, or not,



step 2


 then  collage ...


step3


until I like it.



step4


I like it.



Then I work on the back cover ...


step 1

usually simpler.



step 2


Next the 1.5" x 11" paper is folded in half three times = 8 squares.
The strip can be painted, writing, collage or whatever ...
leaving both end squares blank to adhere to covers.





I decided to collage anime heads and ...
my message will be on the back.






Adhere two blank ends to inside of top & bottom cover ...








fits perfect in the 2" manila envelope ...







I collage the envelope front with a space for the name.
This took longer because of the collage on the folded strip.
All in all, a fun little project.
If you get one of these you gotta know you're special!
BTW: scanning these little twerps was a pain!











A smile for Sunday ...







No comments: