Thursday, October 27, 2016

Day 1554: Still on a kick ...





"jojo", ink, watercolor & junk mail collage journal spread in progress
















Do you ever get on a kick?
Does that word work for being kinda fascinated by something?



journal spread start



I started with referencing a random photo in a magazine ...
then drew my version, which was not quite the same.




journal spread



I added some watercolor. I am not a water-colorist.
I use an inexpensive journal, and
the paper does not handle water well.
So, I blot the wetness as soon as I paint.
Doing this, the blotting lifts up the paint as well,
so I repeat until I get the amount of color wanted. 
Not an exact science. TMI?



close up of journal page


I love working with junk mail & gluestick.
I am still working on stopping before it's complete.
Can you tell? Suggestions? Comments?
Come on, help a "girl" out! ;o)
 








74 degrees, Santa Ana, CA












For FB Throwback Thursday ... 


Halloween class @ Demura Sensei's Costa Mesa Dojo 2003
Superman & WonderWoman 2003

































A smile for Wednesday ...









No comments: