Monday, December 12, 2016

Day 1600: All the way from Japan!






hydrangea, photo & digital













Friday, in with more mail than usual ...
was a puffy little envelope, all the way from Japan.
It was from Dosanko Debbie who does etegami art.
Etegami is a traditional Japanese folk art 
that combines thoughtful words with simple images.
Most are painted with sumi ink & traditional 
Japanese water-soluble pigments called gansai.
I follow Debbie's blog here
Her art is joyful with exquisite design.
She sells through her etsy shop here, & Red Bubble, here.
Even her envelope was special.





Inside was a corrugated cardboard "crow - card" ...
  




and a cardboard etegami coaster.







Debbie had offered a "crow card giveaway",
& I, being not a complete fool, responded.
 I never win, so I forgot that I had entered.
I had won!

 









What a wonderful surprise.
Thank you Debbie!
Arigatou!


(Postscript: Am in Palm Springs & will post pictures Tuesday)







A smile for Monday ...







No comments: