Monday, February 20, 2017

Day 1670: And one more thing ...






"age 2 with Uncle Les", old photo & digital done in 1997










Want music?



Click here for a special version of "Oh Happy Day",
then click back to this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not.







Over the past two days, here & here,
I've been telling about Uncle Les ... but
I kept having this nagging feeling that I hadn't done justice 
 to show just how special Uncle Les was to us, his family.





Cousin Donna said,  "I remember when we lived in Big Springs, 
I had to be 10 or under, he took Nancy and I fishing 
down at the area across from Bill Dale.  
Don't remember if we caught anything but 
nice just being with Uncle Brownie."



Uncles Les, Nancy, Donna, me & Katha.


I'm sure Katha, Nancy & Martha have special stories too.
I automatically smile when I remember him.
You felt special just being with him, 
he was always both funny & fun!







In the summer between my freshman & sophomore year 
in college I came back to CA to work 3 jobs.
Before I left to return to Indiana, Uncle Les & Aunt Tillie
called saying they were proud of my hard work 
& wanted to take me shopping for a school outfit.
That was a first for me & I was really thrilled.
They took me to Bullock's & had me look for an outfit.
It came down to two choices. 
I can still see them both so clearly, 50+ years later.
One, a brownish-grey skirt & matching sweater.
And, an orange skirt & matching cardigan.
"Match-y, match-y" was good back then. ;o)
They had me try on both.
I decided on the brown as the most practical.
Aunt Tillie agreed. But Uncle Les said ...
that the orange would make other people happy.
He sent me back to school with both.
That was my first "back-to-school-clothes".
He was indeed, that special.




A different kind of love story. ♥
What do you think?










Postscript:
 





As I was sorting through these old photos, 
I came across these 4 old nameplates.
Each so different, all so special to me.












A smile for Monday ...








No comments: