Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Day 1671: It's in the mail!





"beanie", ink, acrylic & collage postcard










Want music?



Click here for a pep up, James Brown ...
then click back to this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not.










I am committed to sending a handmade postcard
to every brave person who takes my class
& trusts me with their address for mailing.
I like making the postcards, so as long as...





 they like getting them, it's a win - win. 




Sometimes it takes a while, but a postcard will arrive.





Finished a bunch, mailing 26 on 2/20/2016.
Hopefully better than junk mail?









Starting with quick & quirky sketches on ...
4 x 6" heavy watercolor paper.






Adding quick brushstrokes of watercolor for skin tones...






followed by more quick colors for hair 
& background & usually junk mail collage 
added for hair & a touch of the background.







Some prefer landscaped or abstracts, so a few of those too.





Usually, I add a small collage on the back, message side ...





WW makes fun of me for doing it, but I like the way it looks.






Thanks for stopping by, I'd sure love to hear from you.









A smile for Tuesday ...







No comments: