Sunday, April 23, 2017

Day 1732: I read a book and a few other thoughts on earth day!





Juarez 2004, collage, old photos & digital












Want music?

 




Click here for Stan Getz, Misty
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Today, on earth day 2017, I read a book.





I've been thinking of having a dedicated non-tech day.
Once a week seems like a great idea, but will I?
I don't have too many unscheduled days.
Today was open, no plans. A sloth day.
Yes, a real book. Cover to cover.
What a concept.
  



Stretching the marathon reading muscles. 
They've atrophied a bit, but still work.
Is the print smaller?






You know what got me yearning to read?
A friend sent me a link to his daughter's essay here.
The beauty of her words & thoughts charmed me.
She had signed her work Anonymous, but I said 
I thought it was too good not be by Amy Turner!




It was like revisiting something that you 
have been missing, but not realized.
I used to read a lot.





 I would often copy special phrases into a journal, 
always crediting the author & book.
Re-reading later & remembering what touched me.
So yesterday, I wrote down three passages by Amy Turner.




My 3 gorgeous teenage Grandhunks hate to read.
I tell them, they are stabbing me in the heart!
I tried my best, but to no avail. A sign of the times?
I feel so sorry for their loss.
Does it thrill you to read how talented people 
can & do put words together in a magical way? 




Hope you had a wonderful weekend 
& I thank you so much for stopping by.
 


















A smile for Sunday ...











No comments: