Thursday, May 4, 2017

Day 1743: The face starts to surprise me.





Jillian, ink, watercolor & collage











Want music?

 




Click here for Ella Fitzgerald, Cry me a river
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Mid-process of making postcards to mail ...


step 1


with random faces, ink sketches on watercolor paper ...


step 2

then using a cheap-y watercolor set for skin tone washes ...


step 3


at this point adding background color & not feeling too hopeful.



step 4


But when adding collage papers & junk mail ...



step 5

the face starts to surprise me. And ... because I like to, 
I usually collage the address side as well.







12 postcards ready to mail to artists in the recent class series.
Made from junk mail, but hopefully better than junk mail?
Keeps me off the streets?








Throwback Thursday ...



Hollywood, CA, age 2











A smile for Thursday ...








No comments: