Sunday, June 18, 2017

Day 1788: He always called me Jack.





Dad & his Grandma, 1910, collage, old photo & digital














Want music?

 




Click here for Smokin' Jazz Club, Charleston
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Today I went to two different venues and ...
took over 100 photos to share with you.
However it's very late & I've changed my mind.
You'll still get them, but on Monday & Tuesday.
I've been thinking a lot about Father's Day.
In fact today's music (above) is for my Dad ...
he loved Dixieland music. He said it made people happy.
Dad died 21 years ago.


Dad, age 5 at the fishing hole.


He always said he had the best childhood.
Later he lived through the depression & was forever frugal.
He never smoked or drank.
I never heard him swear except once, when he was
teaching me to drive & I popped the clutch!
My dad was a driver, Greyhound buses & later he 
chauffeured movie stars to work & back home. 
He had a lot of name dropping & stories.
He made the Olympic diving team when younger
but got TB and had to spend time in recovery.
A heartbreak. He loved to dance & tell stories.


Father's Day, 1975, Yorba Linda, CA


He had wanted a boy, but got me.
He always called me Jack.











And look at this great photo ...




Cousins Martha & John are celebrating their 50th
wedding anniversary in the best way ever ...
with daughter Janice & husband Bill, son Brian & wife Marni
and their 9 grandchildren! Imagine the great memories!










A smile for Sunday ...










No comments: