Sunday, June 25, 2017

Day 1795: Cutest flower girls ever!






farm life, collages, photo & digital













Want music?

 





Click here for Natalie Cole, I've got love on my mind.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Years & years ago, 55 to be exact, there was a wedding.
And in that wedding were the cutest flower girls ever. Ever!

 
Alans & Carmen

Cousin Katha's daughters were 4 and 2, and perfect!




Alana went first, so Carmen could follow her example.
Their job, to drop rose petals every so often.




Carmen forgot that part & when she noticed ...
she dropped a whole tiny fist full in one place.
My Dad & I were waiting our turn & had a perfect view.
He let out with a huge laugh.
I think it was his favorite memory.






When I was hunting up these photos ...
I found a swatch of the bridesmaid & flower girls dress fabric.
 

antique gold satin

And yes, they did have color photography back then, but ...
we were on a budget, so opted for sepia.
The wedding cost $400. 
I designed the bridal & bridesmaid gowns & flower girl dresses.




Ruth Shoemaker made them all from just my drawings!
As members, we were able to use the church free.
The Minister fee was $50, the license $5. 




The reception was cake & lemonade in the church basement.







Simpler times, but even then it was a bargain.














A smile for Sunday ...















No comments: