Monday, August 7, 2017

Day 1838: Deja-vu, but different?







singer, postage stamp. drawing & digital













Want music?

 






Click here for Rufus & Chaka Khan, Do you love what you feel?
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










If you saw Saturday's blog here
this may be a bit of "deja-vu" ... but different. 


ink brush quick drawings


Maybe you may remember some of the faces? 


watercolor for skin tone

but today's featured faces will be different,


watercolor for hair, that may change

I will focus on the two ladies.


watercolor for backgrounds


Both rather nondescript.





So I just jumped right in, tearing junk mail.



Maybe overdone, but some days are like that, right?



I love to use the unusual instead of ordinary ...



thus, blue newspaper ad hair?




Somehow, she mostly escaped the make-up monster?




And, because these are postcards for special people, 
I usually collage the address side as well, because I want to.



Drew



As for "Drew"  ...
 so far he has escaped the junk mail collage monster, 
but ... stay tuned, as I don't think he is safe yet?
What do you think? 

I'll keep you "posted"!








Some smiles for Monday ...



My longest smile ever, from possible dictionary candidates.

BEAUTY PARLOR
            A place where women curl up and dye.
CHICKENS
            The only animal you eat before they are born and after they are dead.
COMMITTEE
            A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.
DUST
            Mud with the juice squeezed out.
EGOTIST
            Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation.
HANDKERCHIEF
     Cold Storage.
INFLATION
            Cutting money in half without damaging the paper.
MOSQUITO
            An insect that makes you like flies better.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS
            A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority.
RAISIN
        A grape with a sunburn.
SECRET
            A story you tell to one person at a time.
SKELETON
            A bunch of bones with the person scraped off.
TOOTHACHE
            The pain that drives you to extraction.
TOMORROW
            One of the greatest labor saving devices of today.
YAWN
            An honest opinion openly expressed.
 
WRINKLES
            Something other people have similar to my character lines.
OLD
            I very quietly confided to my friend that I was having an Affair.
She turned to me and asked, "Are you having it catered?" . . 
and that, my friend, is the definition of old.
In youth, the days are short and the years are long. I
n old age, the years are short and days long.


Thanks Marilyn! ♥




No comments: