Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Day 1847: An unexpected gift? Two?






Dorothy, old photo, collage & digital











Want music?

 



Click here for Ne Yo, Because of you.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










Do you pick up a penny?
I do and I did, just Thursday going to lunch with WW.
It was a bright shinny one, glimmering against the asphalt.







I smiled, because to me it meant an angel was thinking of me.
I don't remember where that idea came from, but I like it.
In this day where to some, pennies are a nuisance,
I wondered how many people would bother, or even see it?
I get on a random thoughts for this blog...
then I check google to make sure I'm not nuts!
And, I always learn something!



Today, the first thing I saw was this:
"A penny with the tails side up should be 
turned over for another person to find."
I had never heard that! There is a good & bad side? 
Mine, luckily had been head side up.


Many people believe any penny you find is good luck. 
Have you heard this common rhyme?
"Find a penny, pick it up. All day long, you'll have good luck."







Have you heard the phrase ... “a penny for your thoughts"?



my penny jar, 10" high


Or ... "a penny saved is a penny earned!"








And, it is definitely a lucky day when 
I open my mailbox to find ...




this stunning work of art on a postcard from ...





wonderful artist, friend & everyone's favorite,  
Beatriz Helton.  You'd love her too! 
I've mentioned her here, here, here & here.

And a bonus, 
after scanning, I discovered the page that opened to ...

* hard to see: hand stitching & button in right corner

Thanks Beatriz for this fabulous gift of your talent, time
& artistry, but even more for your kind friendship and 
for making this a better planet by you being in it! ♥













A smile for Wednesday ...



No comments: