Monday, September 11, 2017

Day 1873: Seven years ago ...






Aunt Fern, collage on canvas













Want music?

 




Click here for Donny Hathaway, A song for you.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









I almost always make the art that you see 
at the top of this daily blog the day that I post.
But not always. Not today.
I started with this, one of my favorite family photos.






Aunt Martha, Aunt Pauline & Aunt Fern, all teachers.
They were the eldest three of my Mom's four sisters.
Today I found my photos taken in 2010 ...





when I started work on a 40 x 48" canvas ...




using just papers, magazine & tissue.




It wasn't quite what I wanted, but it sold.
I did like the faces, they seemed ...



Aunt Martha
Aunt Pauline























to have a painterly quality that I don't often achieve.


Aunt Fern


When you look at the original photo, you can see 
I didn't really do any of my Aunts justice, but I tried.
Their daughters, my cousins saw the work. 
One had the comment, "Interesting."

I have an all-day demo coming up this month, 
and I am thinking I may take another try at this?
What do you think?

















A smile for Monday ...













No comments: