Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Day 1889: I wondered why I hadn't been impressed earlier?







Kumi, black gesso & ink on journal page



" ... her mouth speaks from which fills her heart"  Luke 6:45














Want music?

 




Click here for Khalis, Location
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








I sold Therapy Girl to Lujean.




I explained that she was just a journal page, 
and that I was willing to cut her out, 
but there would be something on the back? 
Plus, she was from at few years ago & had just been sitting? 
Lujean said "she spoke to her" & she would take her as is. 
I insisted on scanning her before sending, 
so she would see the as is condition,
 since I color correct pieces on my blog.
So to find which journal had Therapy Girl?




I have 88 large journals, but I was pretty sure  
it was within the past two years. I was wrong.




So this Therapy Girl, as is, without color correction & help.
To the naked eye, in person, the colors are a bit brighter.

Going back into old journals is like looking at old photos ...
they pull me in & I am easily distracted.




In the process I found Kumi, the cover art above, 
I wondered why I hadn't been impressed with her earlier? 
Since I am clearly in love with her now. 
And, she has the technique that I will be teaching tomorrow.
And, I found the quote written nearby in the same journal.
Hmmm?  Coincidence? What do you think?





ad




Faces in A Crowd Series
Thursdays, 28 & October 5, 2017 -- 10:00AM to 1:00PM
Join us for this fun mix media workshop series. Each week work on a different project, including mini journals, canvas, postcards and more! Play with portraiture using graphite, acrylic, paint markers, watercolor, and collage in this truly mix media class.
REGISTRATION: $45 per class. Ages 15+. Skill Level: All. All supplies included.
Limited seats are available, join us if you can, more information &  sign up here!


&






4 Sundays of Mixed Media Play
Sundays, October 1, 8, 22 & 29, 2017  12- 3PM
During this collage and mix media workshop with Jacki Long where you will play with a variety of materials and techniques. Each week is a new adventure. Collage and paint in a mini journal, play with paint, markers, and more on canvas, make postcards, and create a magic book with heavyweight watercolor paper.  The focus is on experimentation & fun!
REGISTRATION: $160 for the series or $45 per class. All materials provided. 
Ages 15+. Skill Level: All. Limited seats are available, information & sign up here!










A smile for Wednesday ...


"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, 
does it make a sound?"








No comments: