Friday, November 10, 2017

Day 1933: A work in progress ... step by step.







"Millie", graphite & acrylic, work in progress











Want music?

 




Click here for Yo-Yo Ma Bach Cello Suite No.1 in G Major
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









I am a big fan of painter's paper ...
available at Home Depot, Lowe's & hardware stores.





It's used primarily to mask areas & is a thin, cheap paper ...
usually tan, blue, green or rose. Above is olive but looks gold?
I also use it for wrapping gifts with yarn or ribbon, 
cheap & super! 1 roll will last the rest of your life!






I also use it for paint, but as you can see, 
the paper is thin & warps around the paint.
So, in a recent class, as I was trying to use up paint ...
I tore off a 12 x 22" sheet of olive paint paper, 
and ...started to quickly paint "Millie!"

 
12 x 22"

I brought her home & she sort of spoke to me?






The dress was acrylic and Stabilo woody's ... sloppy & fun.




  
The acrylic stiffens the paper and shows textures & layers.
I found an unused 10 x 24" canvas in the garage, 
but the paper was 12' wide ...





I laid the drawing on the narrow canvas,
there will be some wrapping around the corners.





Some tearing & the adventure began. 


 

I tore around the painted area & really
didn't know how well it would adhere to the canvas.


  

I worked in sections ...  with matte medium.
 




The thin paper wouldn't normally take the friction 
of scrubbing medium to adhere it to the textured canvas, 
but the thick acrylic application made it work.





This is Millie as she is today, still a work in progress.
I would love to hear your feedback?
What do you think?











76 degrees Sunny, Santa Ana, CA

















A smile for Friday ...









No comments: