Friday, December 1, 2017

Day 1954: Some days are bigger than others!






"la la legend" collage, photo & digital.













Want music?

 





Click here for Charlie Poth, We don't talk anymore.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Some days are bigger than others!
Thursday was jam-packed, but in a good way. 
Up at 5:55 to get ready & the car packed for last class of 2017.
That took care of 10 - 2 counting clean up & repacking the car.





Since it was about cards, I tried a stamp person holiday card ...



 and we designed the envelope as well.




so after a quick demo, they were off ...


cards & envelopes by Connie

cards & envelopes by Betty

cards & envelopes by Ellen
cards & envelopes by Ellen

 
cards & envelopes by Lois

cards  by Tama


Three hours flew by, a great group & we had fun!



 


Then it was over to Huntington Beach Library to 
pick up 3 pieces from the closing members show. 
Then on to Huntington Beach Art Center to view their show. 




A really beautiful art venue on Main Street in Huntington Beach ...



as always, I breeze through photographing
and curating just a few of my favorites ,,,



"Gooseneck Barnacles", by Rojean Maciula



"After Judith Godwin" by Jim Ellsberrt



"They Like Each Other", by Iris Kern-Foster



"You Rock", by Susan Turner


if you get a chance, maybe go see your favorites too.
I also went to see Joanell Connoly's beautiful cards, available in their gift shop and ...




her one of a kind hand stitched designs
are in the contemporary boro method.




 


Next I drove to Costa Mesa to see Linda Bucci's studio show.




A one day sale bonanza of beautiful craftmanship.  
 

Linda is a fabulous jewelry teacher & artist.






Some days are bigger than others! Lucky me.







A smile for Friday ...

One of the blogs I really enjoy following is Carol Mulvenon.
Today she shared this poem from The Writers Almanac.
I liked it & thought you might too?

Bear In Mind

A bear is chasing me through a meadow
and I’m running as fast as I can but
he’s gaining on me—it seems
he’s always gaining on me.
I’m running and running but also
thinking I should just
turn around and say,
“Stop it! Stop chasing me. We both
know you aren’t going to catch me.
All you can ever do is chase me. So,
think about it—why bother?”

The bear does stop,
and he sits on his haunches and thinks,
or seems to think. And then
the bear says to me,
“I have to chase you, you know
that. Or you should. And, sure,
we both know I’ll never catch you.
So, why not give us both a break and
just stop thinking about me?”

But, with that said, he gets back on four feet,
sticks his long pink tongue out, licks down
both sides of his snout. Then he sighs, looks
behind himself, then at me and says, “Okay,
ready when you are.”



P.S. Taking a deep breathe ...





and releasing the bear that I will not be participating 
in any shenanigans or reindeer games this December.  
And that includes chasing.  He sent a note back 
thanking me for giving him the month off 
to roll around in the woods & eat honey. ♥








No comments: