Friday, February 2, 2018

Day 2017: Fun with Frida!







Young Frida: old photo, drawing & digital












Want music?

 




Click here for  DeBarge, All this love
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Like most artists I know, I love Frida.
I studied her in school, read the books, saw the movie and 
last year Val & I went to her great show at the Bowers. here.


Today I came across an old photo ...





Everything about this photo, to me, is perfection.
So if that's true, why mess with it? 
A valid question.
Because I can, without harming the beautiful original. 
And, because I get to play and learn at the same time.



 



I flipped, cropped, posterized, desaturated, drew, 
colored in layers, having fun all the way ...







Photoshop people often ask about layers ... above is 3.






Playing and experimenting ... above is 5 layers.





I stopped at 8 layers.
The hard part is knowing when to stop.
Easy, I have laundry to do!


 







I really appreciate your stopping by,
I'd love to hear your thoughts or suggestions,
just me here doing laundry!









Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead.











A smile for Friday ...








No comments: