Monday, February 5, 2018

Day 2020: In praise of kind men with long arms!






Sadie: drawing, collages & digital













Want music?

 




Click here for  Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Future.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









This will probably be TMI, but it's all true!
Let me tell you about my day? 
I can promise some funny visuals, at my expense. ;op
I dropped my single car key into the junction of 
the trash, recycled bottles & bagged art work in my garage.
I heard it land, but didn't know which one?
I couldn't leave till I found it.
I searched & finally found it the bottom 
of the third & last checked container.





Now off to mail a card to Denise in Yuma.
I went through the P.O. drive through to drop it off. Easy.
I stretched to get it into the drop-box mail slot, it bounced out!
I opened my door. but it had fallen under my car.
I pulled up & out to the side, to go back & get it.
A man in the convertible VW behind had seen my comedy.
He waived my card at me and deposited it.
I thanked him and he said "long arms"!
I said, "it must be nice" & we both smiled. 








Then, I needed distilled water at the grocery store.
The only gallons were really deep on the top shelf.
I stood on the lower shelf, disregarding how I looked,
and did my best to reach, but to no avail. 





So I went to check out and asked for help.
She called on the loud speaker for help on aisle 16.
I returned & tried again, waiting for promised help.
No one came. Finally, abandoning all pride, 
I asked a passing tall gentleman if I could borrow his arms!
In a nano second I had my three gallons in my cart,
and I  thanked him profusely.

 





So, I am here basically in praise of kind men with long arms.
















A smile for Monday ...









No comments: